Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 8

Today I began my second week of this project : ) I weighed myself and according to the scale I am down a pound. That's certainly not much, but it's a start. I would definitely have lost more if I would just exercise. Still, I didn't exercise AGAIN today. But I will start exercising, I need to. It's simply a matter or health. Otherwise, my day wasn't bad overall. The only slip-up I had was with some candy, which was stress related. I managed to get ahold of myself and stop eating the candy, so that's progress for me. I also had a big dinner of chinese takeout, but it was almost entirely vegetables, with just a little rice.
My reflection so far is that I am already gaining a lot from this project, and that I have a long ways to go. Not only do I have a specific goal weight in mind, I'm seeing that I have some huge hurdles to jump before I'll ever be able to get to this weight in a healthy way. I have got to learn to control my fixations, and eat more slowly. I have to start really thinking about the consequences of putting bad foods in my body, and the beautiful rewards of putting good foods in my body. And I need to make a committment to plan ahead, so I can eat fresh, filling, and healthy meals every day. And I must get into the habit of daily exercise. That is not an option.
That being said, I am already very grateful for what I'm learning about myself and my body. I am holding myslef more accountable and making more conscious decisions than I have in a long time. This project has even encouraged me to learn more about my emotional health, and I'm being more honest with myself than I usually am. My biggest concern is that I'm going to start obsessing about my weight loss as opposed to what this is really supposed to be about: conquering my addiction. So, as I begin this next week, I'm really gonna zero in on exercise and healthy eating. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment