Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 19

Wow I am so tired right now! I guess it's the medication because I just took some. My mouth hurts so much but I have been so hungry I ate a lot today. Started with oatmeal, had a little bit of macaroni, then some guacamole and some blackbean soup. Later on I had some soy crisps with some hummus, and I finished off the night with some veggie mei fun. Oh and a frappucino (again!) and a raspberry sorbet pop. Not the best day, not the worst day. Man, wisdom teeth removal keeps portions under control. I am still really hungry right now. Unfortunately I did not exercise today. Tomorrow I hope to get back to normal. Last day of rest before I get back to work.
I went grocery shopping today! I got lots of fresh food including peppers, avocado, portobella mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, romaine lettuce, pears, black beans, rice milk, wheat bread, organic peanut butter, and organic salad dressing. I am going to cut up the peppers and mushrooms and roast them with some olive oil. I am going to steam the broccoli and grill the asparagus. The avocado will go great on some vegetarian sandwiches with hummus and veggies. I am so excited to try to clean up my diet. My vegan friend Rachel came with me. She is a meticulous shopper, reading every label and every ingredient. She knows so much about food and nutrition, she's a great grocery companion. Anyways, I will plan a nice menu for the next few days and do some food prep, and then I should be all set for some healthy eating. I'm really trying to eat foods without preservatives. We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment