Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 11

Hello! I hope everyone had a restful weekend. My Sunday was awesome! I can't believe I fell asleep before I posted last night. After getting up at 6:30 and running around literally all day, I passed out as soon as I got home. Unfortunately I wasn't able to exercise, but really, I didn't have a free minute for it. As far as eating goes, it was not my best day. At all. I ate so much food at the tea. I didn't fixate too much, it just all there right in front of me, so I almost couldn't help myself. Sad story. I ate all that for breakfast/lunch and then wasn't hungry all day until dinner. I went to a friend's for a BBQ and brought my own asparagus and mushrooms to grill. That was delicious and would have been a healthy dinner, if I hadn't had way way too much Fritos (the name says it all) and bean dip. That was bad. The way I ate that was out of control. Lesson learned. And I also had soda and liquor, which adds on more calories. I felt bad about all that, but I'm proud of myself still because I was being really negative towards myself call myself fat and telling myself that I failed and had no control, but then I stopped myself. Calling myself names and being negative doesn't make me any thinner or healthier. It only depresses me which makes me want to eat more. My lesson from yesterday was stop when you're full. If I had done that it could have been a good day.
So, keeping that lesson in mind, today was a really good day, I feel great about it. I ate fruit for breakfast, grilled portabello sandwich with asparagus for lunch, and veggie tacos with guacamole for dinner (no cheese or sour cream). In between I snacked on veggies, almonds, and a little bit of pasta salad (oops). Aside from some chocolate mousse I ate really healthy today, and thoroughly enjoyed it! It's like the decision to eat well almost came naturally, I barely had to fight my desire for chips, dessert, pastries, and other regular ammenities of my diet. And I felt satisfied at every meal too. Today was beautiful so my sister and I went for a 3.6 mile run/hike. We went on this trail that leads to the Chesapeake Bay and we went for a short swim when we got there. It was so much fun, my favorite kind of exercise.
I think this project is really beginning to make a difference. Today I was thinking about allowing myself to enjoy food more. While I enjoyed my tacos at Chipotle, I was thinking "this is so good I don't want to stop eating when it runs out, I want to go buy more!" Way back when (11 days ago) I would have either gotten more or eaten when I got home. Instead I told my sister what I was thinking and how crazy I feel. And she was really sweet and encouraged me to hold out and listen my body tell me I'm full and enjoy what's in front of me. Good advice and I followed it. I hope tomorrow is another good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment