Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 1

Hi my name is Hannah, and I am addicted to food. Well, sort of. I am sure that I am addicted to some foods. I have a sugar problem, to say the least. But, after years of emotional eating and food fixation, I want to try something new to alleviate my continually increasing appetite for, well, anything and everything. Except meat, as I am a vegetarian.
I really do believe I am addicted to food. I have studied psychology for a few years and have really focused on the psychological science behind eating disorders. I do not believe I have a diagnosable eating disorder. Instead, I would say I have "disordered eating." I feel that many Americans suffer from this type of issue, and it really does not receive a proper amount of attention.
So here is my project, my blog. I am going to spend 100 days blogging about my addiction to food, and the conscious ways in which I will be addressing it. Weighing in at 151 pounds, at a height of 5' 5", I'd say my addiction has caught up with me. So I'll also be checking in the progression of my weight loss and hopefully the continual improvement of my health. I will weigh myself once a week and tell the truth about what the scale says. I will change a few things every week in my diet and exercise routines and post the changes, along with their effects (or lack of effects).
I will be honest, humorous, and hopefully helpful. I may be boring, but I'll do my best to keep things lively. No one talks about food addiction. But it's real, and it's a problem that I have, along with many others. So here I am. A food addict on a mission. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment