Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 6

Hello everyone! It's late and I have to get up early tomorrow (as per usual) so I'll try and keep this short. Today was a good day overall. I caught myself being very conscientious about my meals on more than one occasion : ) I also took some of what I wrote to heart, and tried to eat a natural breakfast and lunch. Unfortunately, dinner was not nearly as healthy as the rest of the day. And, between lunch and dinner, I found myself hungry and overdid it with the snacks. I'm not sure if it was the addiction or just plain hunger, but I'm finding that being healthy means being prepared, and prepared I am not. I am happy to say that I walked/ran two miles. This is nothing compared to the six I used to run, but I'll get there!
Today I went out and got several Lean Cuisine type meals. As far as being heathy goes, I am not sure if this is the right way to go. Sure, almost all of the meals I got were below 300 calories, not bad for a meal. But I was just talking yesterday about eating foods without preservatives, foods that go bad after a few days, which is more natural. Also, since I am vegetarian (actual vegetarian, as in no fish or seafood), most of the meals are pasta, cheese, or bread-based. This can't add up to healthy, can it? At this time, it's simply a matter of convenience. I work in a school. So unless I'm willing to invest more time and effort into planning my meals, this is the easiest option. So the question I'm facing now is whether or not I'll be willing in the future to invest in my health by putting extra work into it. We'll see what happens when the Lean Cuisine meals run out....?

No comments:

Post a Comment