Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 25

Today (actually yesterday) was not a good day. I ate a sugary breakfast of half a frappucino and half a piece of banana choco chip coffecake, then snacked on a few bites of pastry and brownie, then ate two "sausage" patties and a spinach caesar salad for lunch, then had 5 chocolate covered strawberries, and then for dinner a salad with veggies and fried tofu with sweet and sour dressing. Oh and then a few cashews later on. Too much sugar! Snacking is not a good idea, I don't have good self-control about it. I didn't exercise either : ( BOO. What a bust of a day.
Last night I had dinner with my good friend rachel and she suggested that we join some of her friends and go for a midnight swim. I love Rachel and I really wanted to go, but I was horrified at the thought of getting into a swimsuit. I went home and put on my bikini from last summer. It looked so much better last year! All I was thinking was I wish I could take back every decision that lead to me being fat like this, because I love being spontaneous and I especially love the water. I'm like a dolphin. I feel far more natural and comfortable in water, especially the ocean, than anywhere else on earth. So when fun opportunities like this arise, I not only want to join in, but I want to feel comfortable and cute in my swimwear. I wore the swimsuit and really tried to convince myself that I looked good, because I know that exhuding confidence is even sexier than being thin. It helps that it was dark outside. But all in all, lesson learned. Maybe next time I want to munch on a brownie or eat icecream, or eat anything in excess, I'll remember how much easier it is to enjoy things in a fit and thin body.

No comments:

Post a Comment