Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 7

Today was such a long day and I was so grumpy! The kids were just getting on my nerves and my wisdom teeth were killing me. This did not add up to a healthy Hannah. At one point I was sitting on the floor behind my desk eating the frosting off of a doughnut. I also kept sneaking Hershey Hugs whenever I got the chance. As I catch myself fixating during the day, I'm starting to realize that even if I'm fixating on something small (like a breath mint), if I give in to this fixation it's still "using." So if I really obsess over a food then I shouldn't eat it until it can be a very deliberate decison and not the result of obsession. Overall I was just a mess today. I ate two lean cuisne meals for dinner. Why bother if you're going to eat two? And it was just because I was fixating and just thought "screw it, I can't stop obsessing until I get what I really want, so what's the point." I also didn't exercise... There's really no excuse for that as I did nothing all evening after work.
Tomorrow I weigh in and I'll post my weight along with a bit of a reflection about what changes I'm making and how things are going. I have definitely been thinking about the health food post. I mean, forget frosting. Even things I assume are healthy are loaded with all sorts of terrible ingredients that I don't pay attention to. I could definitely become a health nut, I just don't want another obsession on my hands. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment