Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 5

Hello! Today was a long day. I took my last final of the semester : ) I'm so glad that school is over for awhile, it's such a relief. So overall I didn't eat the best today. I didn't clear my plate at every meal, which is progress for me. I went out for breakfast with some of my family, and for the first time in a long time, I wasn't the first one finished eating. I feel like I eat so fast I never enjoy what's on my plate, and that's not a good eating habit. So I will try to continue this project by eating more slowly. Also I was fixating on my dinner during my exam, and I'm happy to say I stopped. But I still had a big dinner and dessert, it was just a more conscientous decision than it would have been if I had continued fixating. Also, I'm sorry to admit I was just plain lazy today and did not exercise.
Today I was thinking about becoming a health nut. I said in yesterday's post that we should put good things in our bodies, because food is our primary source of nourishment. But what does that mean? I eat so so so much food and I have no idea what the ingredients are. I'm a vegetarian, which is a good start to a healthy lifestyle, but I put so much crap in my body otherwise, it's a bit contradictory. Tonight after dinner I had tiramisu. It was delicious then, but now I've got a stomach ache and I feel uncomfortably full, meaning I did not listen to my body or pay attention to what I was doing. In fact, I'd say I gave in to my addiction today because once I decided to have that tiramisu I fixated on it so much, and I don't even remember what it tasted like or how fast I ate it.
My friend Rachel is sortof a health nut. She's vegetarian trying to go vegan. She eats all organic foods and she never buys food without reading the ingredients. If something isn't right, she won't buy it. I admire her. I don't want to be a vegan, but she is so conscientous about what she puts in her body, it's very smart. In the future, I'd like to start eating more foods that go bad after a few days in the fridge, and less foods that could survive a lifetime in my pantry. And really, even if I just went for a walk it'd be better than no exercise... I really need to work on that. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment