Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 2

Today I thought about my project a lot. It was a somewhat stressful day, as I was facing an evaluation this morning. Fortunately, my evaluation went well. The rest of the day, however, did not. I was fixating on food for most of the day, and snacked on chocolates and cookies all day. The problem is that it's 'teacher and staff appreciation week', and I work in a school. So all week I have been gifted with snacks, candy, cookies, and even a luncheon. I do appreciate these things, but I cannot stop fixating when I know there is food available, and then I become angry with myself, then I eat emotionally, and so the cycle goes.
I told you guys that I was going to make note of what I do to combat my addiction and lose weight everyday. Today is kindof a bust, unfortunately, but I will say that I tried to be conscious of my fixation, even if it didn't stop me from eating. I just have to try to do better tomorrow. When I got home I also ate an ENTIRE frozen pizza, because I had been fixating on dinner all afternoon. I wasn't even hungry when I started that stupid pizza.
I know I have been eating compulsively lately because I have been experiencing a lot of stress in one of my relationships, which was ultimately terminated. But I know myself, and I should act more preventatively, so I'll make sure I'm trying to be more conscious and channel my stress into something healthier. I want a healthy mind and body.
Tonight, I am promising myself that I will walk/run my neighborhood (about 2 miles) twice. And no more food!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment