Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 27

I don't wanna talk about it. Today was a bad(ish) day. Sure, I did eat fruits and veggies. But I fixated, overate, and ended the day with sugar. Recap? Peanut butter toast, avocado and hummus sandwich (yum), sunchips, special k crackers, tortilla chips, guacamole, more crackers, hummus, jelly beans, taco salad with avocado, black beans, sour cream, lite cheese, and crumbled tortilla chips, and then an iced soy white mocha AND a slice of lemon pound cake. Because I have not slept enough or eaten well, I got a headache which prevented me from exercise. Ugh. It never ends.
I just realized that yesterday I was a quarter of the way through this project. I most certainly have not lost a quarter of the weight I want to lose. Nor have I made significant lifestyle changes. Well, at least I'll say I'm exercising a few days a week. And eating more fresh produce. And making more effort than ever before to stop my addiction. But this is not enough. I know it, and the scale will tell me this on Thursday.
On the bright side, I am excited about something new. My sister Emily (the fittest of them all) wants me to run a half marathon with her in September. On my 21st birthday, in fact. It costs $110 to register. But I can do it. I know I can. She ran a marathon last year so this is nothing for her. But for me, this will be a challenge. Am I up for it? I can't imagine a better way to spend my 21st! This is way better than getting drunk. Just ask my body. If I decide to do it (I think I will) I will start a training schedule soon. Then I'll have to stay on the schedule. Last year I signed up for a half marathon and ended up quitting because my knee was jacked up. I need new running shoes if I'm gonna do this. But if I say I'll be there with Em I won't back out. She'd kill me anyways. It's the VA beach rock n' roll half marathon. Its all flat and easy and ends on the boardwalk. The beach is me favorite place in the world! I have to do this, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment